Studies show that people with strong emotional intelligence (EI) possess positive mental health, are better workers, and have effective leadership skills. In fact, many now consider EI to be as important as intelligence (IQ) and technical abilities.
EI is the ability to understand and manage your own emotions and those of the people around you so you build strong relationships and create a positive work environment.
This workshop introduces emotional intelligence, builds important emotional intelligence skills, and provides basic strategies to improve the effectiveness of participants both professionally and personally.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Anyone who wishes to grow in their career
- Anyone who would like to become a better leader, parent, spouse, and friend
- Anyone who would like to know how to manage difficult situations calmly and effectively
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN TO:
- Be more aware of your emotions and recognize the emotions of others
- Improve your ability to handle feelings and to recover quickly from upsets and distress
- Inspire others to take action
- Create a positive, high energy workplace
- Define and understand the importance of Emotional Intelligence
What’s Your Emotional Intelligence Quotient?
- Identify your own EI with a proven assessment tool
Model and Five Areas of Emotional Intelligence
- Know your emotions
- Apply self-discipline
- Practice delaying gratification
- Cultivate empathy
- Manage relationships
- Know how to build and strengthen your emotional intelligence
- Recognize and address the negative consequences of unmanaged emotions in the workplace
Relationship Techniques You Can Apply
- Understand the vital emotional component of relationships
- Identify your triggers and techniques for managing them
- Use emotions as a professional development tool
Work Environment and Teams
- Create an emotionally healthy and productive workplace
- Know why professionals must be able to read emotions
- Develop emotional intelligence
- Learn how to motivate others to change
Building Emotional Intelligent Relationships
- Understand reality and the ideal vision
- Create sustainable change
METHODS TO BE USED
This is an interactive workshop with discussions and individual and group exercises. It features a proven, self-assessment tool: Practice of Emotional Self-Management.
Course Code: CRB721