Management, leadership preparation, emotional intelligence, positive techniques, leaders
This workshop offers the participants self-assessment. It is designed to build better relationships within and outside their departments. They will also be able to exchange ideas and experiences with fellow participants. Participants will learn the value of emotional intelligence to you and your organization and the skills to influence inspire and motivate peers, subordinates and superiors.
This workshop can be customized for specific industries and participant groups.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- Be more aware of your own emotions and recognize a feeling when it is happening
- Improve your ability to handle feelings and to recover quickly from upsets and distress
- The ability to perceive emotions, to access and generate emotions so as to assist thought, to understand emotions and emotional knowledge and to reflectively regulate emotions so as to promote emotional and intellectual growth
- Emotional Intelligence is the ability to identify, use, understand and manage emotions
What’s Your Emotional Intelligence Quotient?
- Practice of emotional self-management – quiz
Model and Five Areas of Emotional Intelligence
- Know your emotions
- Apply self-discipline
- Practice delaying gratification
- Cultivate empathy
- Manage relationships
- How to build and strengthen your own, and your team’s emotional intelligence
- Recognize and address the negative consequences of unmanaged emotions in the workplace
Leadership Techniques You Can Apply
- The vital emotional component of leadership
- Identify your triggers and techniques for managing them
- Use of emotions as a leadership tool
- Create an emotionally healthy and productive workplace
- Know why good leaders must read emotions
- Explore the leadership repertoire
- Develop emotionally intelligent leaders
- Motivate to change
Building Emotional Intelligent Organizations
- Understanding reality and the ideal vision
- Create sustainable change
METHODS TO BE USED
This workshop uses a self assessment tool and quiz called the Practice of Emotional Self-Management.
Course Code: LSR703