Having the performance meeting with employee and supervisor should be the most rewarding time throughout the year. Each person is involved in setting objectives, discussing goals, and looking back on a busy year.
The communication between two individuals around these topics is called a performance review. Employees have a responsibility to become involved in this process, not only during the meeting, but also throughout the year. This workshop will assist the employee in staying on track through-out the year, in setting and managing their objectives, and in communicating with impact to their team leader.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- All non-managers
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- Document their successes as ABCs
- Set the performance standards with their managers
- Perform job expectations daily
- Discuss their needs and goals with their managers
- Be involved in a positive performance review interview
The Employee’s Responsibility
- Discover the boundaries
- Work as a team with your boss
- Identify team structures
- Create and maintain team dynamic
- Use ABCs to generate conversations
Clarifying Job Expectations and Performance Standards
- Link what you do every day to organizational goals
- Create SMART goals
- Determine the expectations that need to be increased or decreased
The Performance Review
- Turn the time into an opportunity for future growth and development
- Create methods to be better prepared
- Prepare the document
- Become proactive to ensure a successful performance meeting
Summary and Evaluations
In this one-day highly participative workshop, attendees will engage in role-play, individual and group exercises.
The partner-client is asked to provide a copy of their current performance review documents to provide the learners with a hands on training opportunity. They are also asked to provide a copy of the mission and vision statements so learners can develop SMART goals for themselves as they relate to the mission statement.
Course Code: MPC709