Time management is an oxymoron. You cannot manage time. You can only manage yourself.
That attitude in the time spectrum is what helps make people successful and results in them being more productive in their everyday activities. The goal of this workshop is to help participants feel less tired, burned out, and out of control. The session will leave them with time management tools to help them be more effective in their professional and personal lives.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Anyone who wants to learn how to work in a more effective manner
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- What habits are key to good time management
- How to change their thinking about time
- How to identify which habits are most critical to their jobs
Where are you now, where do you want to be?
- Understanding the steps to begin a new behavior (It takes 7- 21 times of a repeated process to change a behavior.)
- Developing SMART goals
- Taking those goals and planning your day around them
- Balancing work and home goals and priorities
- Saying NO, without compromising relationships
- Identifying important vs. urgent items for daily tasks
- Knowing how to deal with interruptions
Planning and scheduling the day
- Getting to emails and voice mails as a planning process
- Planning to do the important work first and not get lost in the email jungle
- Reconciling daily shifting priorities into a daily plan
Summary and Evaluations
Course Code: MPC501