Grammar does not have to be dull and boring. This session explains the rules that will make your writing stand out in the business world. Historical anecdotes, stories, and exercises support the information and increase the learning process. We’ll review the most common grammar errors, punctuation, and the guidelines for capitalization and writing numbers. We promise you will not be bored, and the day will fly.
Request a Quote or More Information on this Workshop >
Grammar ensures that messages are easy to understand. Therefore, as society, social customs and technology change, the rules for grammar must also change. This workshop will refresh participants on the rules of grammar they should have learned in school and update them on the changes that have taken place.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Anyone who prepares and proofreads business documents
- People who wish to ensure their knowledge of grammar is current
- People who did not receive a strong foundation in grammar in school
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- Identify the parts of a sentence
- Use punctuation correctly
- Dismiss old grammar rules that no longer apply
- Avoid the 12 most common grammar errors
- Use appropriate words to deliver the message
- Improve your professional image
- Understanding the parts of a sentence
- Using correct punctuation
- Avoiding incorrect sentence structures
Common Grammar Errors
- Avoiding errors that rob writing of its professionalism
- Updating grammar knowledge
- Choosing the appropriate word
- Using parallel structure in sentences and lists
- Using correct set ups for letters and memos
- Following the rules for capital letters and numbers
- Making your documents visually appealing
METHODS TO BE USED
With games, historical background and cartoons, participants find this workshop entertaining as well as informative.
Pre- and Post Knowledge Test
Participants will complete a pre- and post-workshop grammar quiz at the beginning and end of the workshop.
< Back to all Business Writing Courses
Course Code: WBJ704