This workshop provides the minute taker with the information essential for preparing minutes that meet the organization’s needs, that follow best practices for meeting minutes.
This workshop provides an overview of the minute taking process and provides information and techniques to build the confidence of minute takers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Anyone who must take minutes at meetings
- People who are new to the minute taking process
- Minute takers who would like to ensure their current techniques are effective
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- Prepare professional-quality formal and informal minutes
- Organize yourself before the meeting
- Select and summarize key points
- Build your understanding of the minute taking process
- Definition of minutes
- Requirements of formal versus informal meetings
Role of the Minute Taker
- 5 important tips for easy minute taking
What to Record/What to Ignore
- 5 magic questions
The Minute Taker’s Toolbox
- How to make your job easier
METHODS TO BE USED
This is an interactive session with participants involved in discussion and group exercises. Questions are encouraged.
Course Code: WSJ502