teams, high performance, relationships, team dynamics, communications, feedback
Request a Quote or More Information on this Workshop >
Teams go through a set of behaviours from the time they are formed to when they end. Each team has a life cycle, and as a member of the team, you can do a lot to move it forward. Teams sometimes go through a stage of development when they find problems to be overwhelming, personalities become difficult to handle, and possibility, the project or team leader becomes the perceived problem.
Your job as a team member is to know where your team is in its development and assist it. Behaviours of team members also play a role in the development of the team. Our body language sets the tone for communication success stories or failures. This interactive fun day will allow all team members to understand the behaviours that drive a team, the group norms, how to give feedback to team members and how to solve problems
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Managers who want to understand team behaviours
- Managers who want understand of the stages of development of teams
- Anyone who want to give better feedback to team members
- How to influence others through verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Understanding body language.
- Knowing how to listen effectively.
- Asking the right questions.
- The Platinum Rule: Do unto others as they would have done to themselves.
- The impact of Attitude: choosing your words and language carefully.
- Behaviour breeds behaviour; understanding other people’s communication style.
Understanding Team Dynamics
- Discover the four stages of team development
- Determine where your team is now
- Understand what causes a team to get in trouble
- Develop techniques to move out of storming
- Determine the impact you have on the team dynamics
- Determine the effect the leader has on the team
Understanding the Team’s Communications
- Analyze your team using the Team Assessment Instrument
- Compare results with other team members
- Set up an action plan around the key areas
Feedback: Giving and Receiving
- Develop the rules to giving and receiving feedback
- Master the talent of positive feedback techniques
- Develop effective, active listening skills
- Avoid communication misunderstanding
- Start thinking behaviourally
- Create a personal communication profile
- Using the “I” method of providing feedback
This workshop is highly-interactive involving the DiSC Personal Profile System and supplied at a cost of about $35 per participant.
< Back to all Team Building Courses
Course Code: TBC702