Request a Quote or More Information on this Workshop >
This workshop is designed to help the team think “outside the box.” Ideal for intact teams and boards, the content delivered in this workshop is challenging, practical, and experiential. You will leave with a team that communicates better, and one that can challenge the daily routine with both eyes wide open.
This session is conducted using horses as the transfer of learning. During the day, the teams will ride their equine partners through a series of team challenges. At the end of the session, the team works together in a team challenge and then creates a unique riding circuit for a group photo.
Note: Although horses are used in the transfer of learning, experience in horseback riding is not required.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Teams of any size or job description
- People who would like their team to communicate better or just to be aware of all the dynamics within the team
- Teams that would like to just get away in a different environment and have some fun
- Teams that need fixing
- Executives who want to create a team atmosphere in a unique environment
- Newly formed boards of directors and other newly formed teams
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN TO:
- Identify communication styles using DiSC
- Identify team norms
- Create team guidelines
- Work closely with other team members
Understanding your communication style using DiSC
- Discover the four communication styles and determine how they relate to your day to day operations
- Determine how these styles affect others
- Identify how using your style can maintain effective teams
- Create methods to deal with the other styles
- Develop a better understanding of people’s moods
Team Development: Each area of the team is identified through team challenges with their equine partner to support them
- Key components of a great team
- Team Cycle
- Tips for handling teams and others within the cycle
- What the others see when the team is in the cycle
Working Together: Once the team has come together, a scavenger hunt for tree-high obstacles and other group treasures is conducted. This is followed by a discussion on team work.
- A happy person helps create a happy team
- The challenges of a team
- Putting it all together
Summary and Evaluations
As this training is conducted at an outdoor riding facility, jeans and heeled boots are recommended. Rain gear for inclement weather would be an asset.
< Back to all Team Building Courses
Course Code: TBC706