Negativity in an organization can impact productivity, motivation, and morale. Learn to identify issues quickly, understand why this is happening and focus on the solutions that will change the situation.
Negativity can impact productivity, relationships and morale. This workshop focuses on helping people to recognize the signs and to develop strategies to deal with situations, challenges and people in a positive manner.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Anyone who struggles to deal with negativity in people and situations
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- Understand the causes of negativity in people
- Explore potential situations that create negativity for you.
- Comprehend the role of motivation, values, attitudes and self-esteem in behaviour
- Create strategies to deal with negativity in yourself and others
- Apply this knowledge to a current situation or individual
- Understand the causes of negativity
- Explore genetics versus shaped behaviour
- Understand what people gain by using negativity as a tool
Impacts of Negativity
- Be aware of the impact on energy levels, results and relationships
- Highlight the advantages and disadvantages
- Stress levels and productivity
Motivation and Values
- Understand how your motivation can help to deal with negativity
- Complete a values questionnaire to understand your responses and actions
- Understand how motivation and values shape our attitudes and mindset to negativity
- Develop a list of strategies to reduce negativity in the environment
- Explore areas to improve your own behaviour to a productive, positive outlook
- Develop a plan to deal with a current situation or person
METHODS TO BE USED
This session is intended to constantly involve participants and deal with real life situations. The day will focus on large and small group discussions, individual questionnaires, working in pairs to expand their thinking and creating an action plan to deal with specific issues in their environment. This will be done in a confidential manner and allow people to choose the options that will best work for them.
Course Code: MPH706 / EDH702