Request a Quote or More Information on this Workshop >
Microsoft Access is a relational database designed to help your team track, manage, and report on large data sets. Whether you want to work with an inventory, track customer interactions, or build a repository of project data, this powerful application is up to the task! Our Microsoft Access training is designed to help your group build databases for a broad range of applications.
This hands-on course will teach you the basics of this industry-leading software.
Courses offered for Access 2010, 2013, and 2016.
Other workshops on this topic: Microsoft Access – Intermediate | Microsoft Access – Advanced
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- New Access users or anyone that needs to learn how to build and manage databases
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Identify the components of a database, and work with those components.
- Open a table, find information stored there, and enter data.
- Create and customize a table design.
- Enter data into tables, and ensure its accuracy by using input masks and input validation formulas.
- Create relationships between tables to ensure data accuracy and to deploy referential integrity.
- Create forms for entering data into tables, and change the design elements that have been placed on those forms.
- Create several query types, edit and run queries, and use action and calculation queries.
- Create several report types, enhance reports and print preview reports.
- Import and export data to and from various sources, including text files and Excel.
- Preview and print database objects, and change the page setup options.
Database Concepts, Getting Started, Creating a Database, Converting Access 2016 Files, Working with Objects, Using Access Help
Table Concepts, Viewing Data in a Table, Changing the Datasheet Appearance, Entering and Editing Data, Applying Filters
Creating a Table, Changing the Table Design
Data Entry Concepts, Data Formats, Input Masks, Input Validation, Adding Records
Relationships Between Tables, Creating a Relationship, Referential Integrity, Removing a Relationship, Printing Relationships
Creating and Using Forms
Creating a Form Using AutoForm, Creating a Form Using the Form Wizard, Creating a Form in Design View, Opening a Form, Changing a Form Design, Adding Controls, Placing Controls, Multiple-Choice Controls, Error Checking
Using the Query Wizard, Creating a Query in Design View, Selecting and Sorting in a Query, Calculations, Action Queries, Parameter Queries
Creating Reports, Using the Report Wizard, Previewing Reports, Creating Reports in Design View, Changing Report Design, Control Operations, Control Attributes
Importing and Exporting Data
Importing and Exporting, Importing a Text File, Importing Data from an Access Database, Exporting Data, Troubleshooting Importing and Exporting Problems
Printing Objects, Print Preview
Summary and Evaluations
- Live, instructor-led training with hands-on exercises
Participants are requested to bring their computers to the session. Laptops are also available to rent for an additional fee.