Microsoft Excel has become the de facto spreadsheet application for business. This versatile software package can help you manage virtually any type of data. Whether you are tracking orders, working with budgets, or analyzing a database – Excel is the powerful and flexible solution your job requires.
This hands-on course will teach you the basics of this industry-standard software.
Courses offered for Excel 2010, 2013, and 2016.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- New Microsoft Excel users
- Anyone with a need for basic Microsoft Excel training.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Create, save, open, close, and move around in an Excel workbook to learn navigation skills necessary for creating and using Excel worksheets
- Organize columns and rows to accommodate information and to edit the contents of cells to organize information in a worksheet
- Calculate values by entering formulas into cells and specifying an exact address of a cell by creating an absolute cell reference
- Create formulas by typing functions or build more complex formulas using the Insert Function dialog box
- Format worksheets and use view features to more effectively review large worksheets
- Use views to determine the layout of a worksheet, change the page setup, and preview/print workbooks
Getting Started With Excel 2016
- Understanding spreadsheet concepts
- Getting started
- Creating and saving workbooks
- Opening and closing workbooks
- Working with columns and rows
- Working with cell contents
Using Formulas and Functions
- Creating and using formulas
- Creating and using functions
- Using absolute cell references
- Inserting functions
Formatting and Viewing Worksheets
- Formatting worksheets
- Viewing worksheets
- Using workbook views
- Changing the page setup
- Previewing and printing workbooks
Summary and Evaluations
- Live, instructor-led training with hands-on exercises
Participants are requested to bring their computers to the session. Laptops are also available to rent for an additional fee.
Course Code: MOB701