Microsoft Project is software designed to help you track, manage, and report on the many tasks and resources necessary to complete virtually any project. Work in every industry – construction, technology, pharmaceutical – is being organized around projects. Our Microsoft Project training is designed to help your team get up to speed quickly and manage projects efficiently.
This hands-on course will teach you the basics of this industry-standard software.
Courses offered for Project 2010, 2013, and 2016.
Other workshops on this topic: Microsoft Project – Advanced
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- New Microsoft Project users
- Anyone with a need for basic Microsoft Project training.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Understand the basic purpose and operation of the software and work with windows, Ribbon tabs and buttons, and views
- Create a new project
- Create, edit, and outline a task list, as well as establish dependencies by linking tasks
- Add and assign resources to a project, work with project calendars, and enter project costs, such as standard, variable, and fixed costs
- Apply page setup options, create headers and footers, insert page breaks, and preview and print project information
- Apply task type settings, modify fixed tasks, set task constraints, and define and format the critical path
- Apply preset and custom contours, edit resource assignments, identify and resolve resource overallocations, and set and modify a baseline
- Track the progress of a project, update tasks and the schedule, and compare baseline and actual data
- Sort, filter, and group views
- Format views and format the Gantt Chart
Getting Started with Project 2016
Understanding Project Management Concepts, Getting Started, Application and Windows, Ribbon and Tabs, Creating and Saving Projects, Opening and Closing Projects, Changing the View, Moving Within a View
Project Information, Creating Task Lists, Editing Task Lists, Outlining Task Lists, Task Dependencies, Modifying Task Dependencies, Task Information
Project Resources and Costs
Project Resources, Resource Assignment Concepts, Assigning Resources, Working with Project Calendars, Working with Resource Calendars, Working with Task Calendars, Entering Project Costs
Printing Schedule Information
Page Setup Options, Previewing Views and Reports, Printing Project Information
Changing Scheduling Methods
Resource Assignment Concepts, Task Type Settings, Changing Task Type Settings, Task Constraints, Identifying Factors Affecting Tasks, Defining the Critical Path, Formatting the Critical Path
Resolving Resource Conflicts
Preset Contours, Applying Preset Contours, Editing Resource Assignments, Resource Over Allocations, Locating Resource Over Allocations, Resolving Resource Over Allocations, Saving the Baseline
Tracking Project Progress
Tracking Task Progress, Updating Tasks, Updating the Remaining Schedule, Comparing Baseline and Actual Data
Sorting, Filtering and Grouping
Sorting Views, Filtering Views, Grouping Tasks and Resources
Formatting the Project Environment
Formatting Views, Formatting the Gantt Chart
- Live, instructor-led training with hands-on exercises
Participants are requested to bring their computers to the session. Laptops are also available to rent for an additional fee.