Are you tired of attending meetings that have no value, or so it seems? Meetings need to have a purpose and objectives and a chair/leader who knows how to conduct an effective meeting.
This workshop provides employees with tips and techniques to set objectives for a meeting and to lead it accordingly. No one has time to waste in meetings that are not productive.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- People that organize and lead meetings
- People that attend meetings and want to make sure they get value from them
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- To evaluate if a meeting should be held
- To prepare a meeting agenda with a clear objective
- To handle challenging meeting participants
- To achieve goals in a time efficient manner
- To make meetings more productive
- Establishing meeting rules
- Reviewing the things that can go wrong in meetings
Types of Meetings
- Exploring different types of meetings
- Deciding if a meeting is necessary
- Preparing, conducting, and following up
- Learning the steps in facilitating successful meetings
- Determining meeting objectives
Leading a Meeting
- Learning facilitation tips for the Leader
- Running the meeting
- Facilitating with questions
- Reaching consensus
- Understanding the impact of labelling participants
- Analyzing your own behavior: Are you the “one” participant everyone wishes didn’t attend?
- Handling problem participants
Summary and Evaluations
Program delivery will appeal to all adult learning styles to encourage active participation and learning. Learning Aid cards will be provided for reinforcement.
Course Code: MPP711