Performance Management, introduction, job expectations, motivation techniques, coaching,
Managing the performance of others is more than the annual performance review. Successful performance management results in continuous process improvement, enhanced productivity, workplace cohesiveness, exceptional customer service and a positive community reputation. A successful blending of organizational and employee needs can result in both performance and spirits soaring!
This workshop will examine critical aspects of successful performance management. A variety of training techniques will be used with emphasis placed on practical application of new skills and ideas.
In addition, role-play is created to encourage managers and team leaders to practicePerformance Management Techniques.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Managers, assistant managers, senior specialists, supervisors, team leaders and anyone involved in managing performance.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- Use the ABC’s to better communication
- Use behaviour conversations for improved performance
- Set performance standards
- Use motivation techniques to get results
- Create job expectations and standards of performance
- Develop a system to encourage your employees to stay on track
Introduction to Management
- Self-management: the first step toward managing others
- The best way to work through the problems of being a manager
Clarifying and Communicating Job Expectations and Performance Standards
- Linking organizational goals to what your work group does every day
- Breaking down jobs into training plans and future opportunities
- Creating SMART goals with your staff
- Determining the expectations that need to be increased or decreased
- Use the ABC’s to track objectives and work performance throughout the year
Developing Motivation Techniques to Incent Employees to Increased Performance
- Understanding the role motivation plays in influencing performance and productivity
- Determining what motivates your team
- Creating non-monetary recognition and rewards
- Using delegation to help motivate employees
Motivating, Coaching, and Improving Performance
- Developing a system based on expectations
- Determining what a motivating environment really looks like
- Assess what is acceptable poor performance
Making it Happen for You
- Create an action plan that works for you
In this one-day, highly-participative workshop, attendees will engage in role-play, individual and group exercises. The client is asked to provide a copy of the mission and vision statements so the learners can develop SMART goals for themselves and their teams as they relate to the mission statement.
Course Code: MPC707