Understanding and learning how to lead this new generation has become increasingly important for many organizations. This one-day workshop provides managers with clear insights into the complexities of managing the millennial generation. It strengthens managers’ ability to establish productive relationships with their unseasoned direct reports.
- Understanding misconceptions about millennials in the workplace
- How millennials see themselves and how others see them
- How to engage, develop and retain millennials
- How to manage the strengths of the millennials
- Increase your leadership competency and level of influence
Characteristics of Millennials
- What is a millennial? Know what motivates them
- The millennial experience so far
- Understand how millennials prefer to work.
- How differences between millennials and older generations may cause friction
- Activating generational positives
- Working through communication barriers
- Creating a values-driven environment
- Providing plenty of feedback.
- Adopting flexible leadership styles
- Creating options with creativity
Pulling It All Together
- Setting and achieving goals
- Increasing your emotional intelligence
- Being adept with behavioural styles
- Delegating for mutual benefit
- Evaluating for effectiveness
The workshop is an interactive learning experience. In the case study activities, people are encouraged to use their back-on-the-job challenges. Participants leave with skills, tools, and insights for improving the performance of their millennials.
Course Code: MPR720