Persuasive communication for managers and supervisors
Leading others involves being assertive. Identifying your dominant communication style and that of others will enable you to communicate more effectively. Increase your knowledge concerning overcome self-limiting concepts and behaviours, respond to the aggressive, passive, and passive-aggressive behaviours of others. Being assertively competent helps achieve goals and enhance the self-esteem of yourself and your staff.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Leader and managers
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- Recognize communication styles
- Communicate your rights and the rights of others in the workplace
- Improve self-concept to increase assertive behaviour
- Identify and implement strategies for improving assertive behaviour
- Defining assertiveness
- Assertive assessment
- Behaviours and characteristics of styles
Self and others
- Human Rights
- Improving self-concept
- Enhancing your assertiveness
- Learn to say NO!
- Defining conflict
- Managing your conflict style
- Practicing being assertive
- Handling difficult people
METHODS TO BE USED
Program delivery will appeal to all adult learning styles to encourage active participation and learning.