Management, leadership preparation, communication skills, DiSC, coaching, motivating
A DiSC online report is used prior to the course.
This workshop covers the basic roles and concepts of managing. Participants will gain a better understanding of their capabilities, team building, communication and coaching skills. The course covers how to apply the most appropriate style to each individual and leverage differences.
This workshop can be customized for specific industries and participant groups.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- Recognize your own DiSC behaviour pattern and your needs, preferred environment and your strategies for effectiveness.
- Become more aware of your potential strengths and weaknesses
- Adjust your leadership behaviour depending on the individual’s DiSC behaviour profile and build on the strengths of your team to accomplish the team goals
The Role and Expectations
- What your boss, employees, peers and senior management expect from you
- Four basic management functions: planning, organizing, communicating, monitoring
- Advantages and disadvantages of one-way and two-way communication and when to use each
- Paraphrase to verify your understanding of the content
- Experience the impact of non-verbal communication
- Ask questions that get the answers you really need
Introducing DiSC Strategies
- Understand your natural work behavioral style and develop an action plan for self-management
- Learn people-reading techniques and strategies for managing others based on their behavioral style
- Identify the behavioral needs of a specific job
- Apply management approaches based on levels of motivation, ability and style
Coaching for High Quality Performance
- How to give and receive criticism constructively
- How to minimize defensiveness in yourself and others
- How to use the coaching model
Creating a Motivating Environment
- Establish the essentials of a motivating environment
- Demonstrate rules for reinforcing productive behaviour
METHODS TO BE USED
This workshop is interactive and uses an online DiSC report to reveal unique individual strengths in team building exercises. Participants gain hands-on experience in exercises as a member or leader of a temporary team. Grounded by short presentations of concepts plus carefully selected videos, they learn in real time through team activities and debriefings.
Course Code: LSR706